In the process, plants need:
- carbon dioxide
Let’s take a look at how these are collected by plants.
- Carbon dioxide passes through small holes (stomatas) in the leaves.
- Roots absorbes the water. From the stem, the water goes to the leaves.
- Sunlight is absorbed by a green chemical in the leaves.
- Chlorophyll absorbs the sun’s energy.
- Sun´s energy splits water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen.
- Oxygen is released from the leaves into the atmosphere.
- Hydrogen and carbon dioxide forms glucose or food for plants.
Watch the videos about photosynthesis